Didactum 500 monitoring with OpenNMS
This article describes how to monitor Didactum 500 environment monitors with OpenNMS using the SNMP with temperature and humidity sensors.
Configuration Didactum appliance
The appliance has to be configured with a static IP address and must be reachable from the OpenNMS server. For collection measurements from the sensors SNMP has be enabled configured.
- Configure SNMP
- Set version to 1/2c
- Configure a read only community
Configure SNMP community by IP in OpenNMS
- Add the environment sensor to OpenNMS with Add Node
- Add the the management IP address and a node label
- Set the read community for the communication with the SNMP agent
The SNMP description is shown as SkyControl EMS and the system shows the system object ID of a Net-SNMP linux agent.
Add MIB configuration into OpenNMS
- Download the XML file with the sensor MIB definition: zertico.xml
- Copy zertico.xml into $OPENNMS_HOME/etc/datacollection directory
- Enable Zertico datacollection in $OPENNMS_HOME/etc/datacollection-config.xml by adding the following line in the default SNMP data collection
<syntaxhighlight lang="xml"> <include-collection dataCollectionGroup="Zertico" /> </syntaxhighlight>
Add RRDtool graph definition
- Download the RRDtool graph definition for sensor graphs: zertico-graph.properties
- Copy zertico-graph.properties into the $OPENNMS_HOME/etc/snmp-graph.properties.d