JIRA is the current main defect tracking and feature request system for OpenNMS. You can reach the OpenNMS issue system at http://issues.opennms.org/.
Creating an Account
While the system can be used without an account to view current bugs and project statuses, creating an account allows you to:
- File your own bugs
- Confirm and Edit Existing Bugs
- Save Query Reports for Later
- Be alerted via email for your bugs and other bugs you want information on.
Creating an account is easy, takes a few minutes, and is a great first step at being a great contributor.
Reporting a Bug
Before Reporting a Bug...
- Try to reproduce the bug a few times in a few different ways.
- Collect as much pertinent data as you can about the bug.
When Reporting a Bug...
- Include one bug per bug report
- Include your OS, JVM, and other platform stats from 'Help/About' if applicable.
- Include stack traces, etc.
- Use clear, concise language without being too lengthy or terse.
- Check and see if your bug exists already