The thirteenth annual OpenNMS Developers' Conference, Dev Jam 2018, will be held at the University of Minnesota.
- a IT conference and annual get together for the global OpenNMS development community
- a good chance to have access to OpenNMS experts and IT thought leaders from around the world
- a unique opportunity to improve your skills and knowledge around OpenNMS and systems and network management
- a five days’ worth hackathon and technical breakout session, presented by OpenNMS, its community developers, OpenNMS practitioners, and IT experts
- a good chance to focus your own [project or initiative] and work with the developers to find solutions or write code for these projects
- a opportunity to interact directly with many of the OpenNMS community and strengthen our relationship with the community and the company
Sunday, June 10, 2018 through Saturday, June 16, 2018.
We are once again staying at Mark G. Yudof Hall on campus. The building is just off of the Mississippi River and has nice views of the river. We will be set up in a large common room that includes a kitchen and opens onto a patio with picnic tables overlooking the river, and will also have access to a conference room and computer lab. The campus includes a beach volleyball court, basketball court, miles and miles of trails, and easy access to downtown Minneapolis.
For those wishing to stay close to the action (which we obviously highly suggest and encourage), we have single-person dormitory rooms in Yudof Hall, the same building where everything else is happening. All of the rooms for attendees will be on the same floor and hallway. Each person will be issued a card that will be used for getting into the building after hours. The rooms have a bathroom shared with one other room (which will be another Dev-Jam attendee).
- 220 Delaware St. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
- Emergency number
- +1 612 625 8786
All group activities are reachable either via the light rail system or by walking. A car is not needed for most attendees, unless you want to see more of the Twin Cities than is reachable from the rail lines. This includes getting to and from the airport. If you do use a car, parking can be arranged attached to the facilities, when registering let us know.
The trains run every 10 minutes from either Terminal 1 or 2 and the trip takes about 50 minutes. You will take the Blue Line towards Minneapolis/Target Field. You will need to change trains to the Green Line at Downtown East Station and Platform. You will then take the Green Line towards St. Paul - Union Depot. You will get off at East Bank Station and Platform, from there you will walk to Yudof Hall. To get to Yudof Hall, from the station, head West towards the Mississippi River on Washington Avenue, talk a left on Church Street. Turn right on Delaware Street SE, Yudof Hall will be on your left. THIS IS DIFFERENT FROM THE DIRECTIONS ON GOOGLE MAPS!!! The entrance of Yudof is set back from the street. Here is the entrance to the right of the windows -
The cost is between $0.75 and $1.75 depending on the time of day. The ticket can be purchased at the station. You may also purchase a 7-day pass at the station the details are at https://www.metrotransit.org/go-to-card
At the terminal you will need to look for signs that say "Light Rail Transit"
I am hoping to have someone at the East Bank station to help first timers find their way to Yudof Hall and get checked-in. Please look for someone wearing OpenNMS hat or shirt.
If for any reason you need me to pick you up at the airport, email the conference organizers.
If you wish to attend, the cost for the week including lodging will be US$1500, without lodging the cost is US$800. This will include a private room (with a shared bathroom with one other room), Internet connectivity and all meals.
The OpenNMS Group will be covering a lot of the expenses, although there are also sponsorship opportunities.
Registration is now open.
We are offering sponsorships of Dev-Jam as well. The money goes to offset the costs associated with holding the conference and to get contributors from remote places that couldn't afford to attend otherwise. The cost of a sponsorship is $2500.
Sponsorship gets your company logo and a link prominently displayed in the footer of every page on the OpenNMS wiki (with over 70,000 unique visitors a month), as well as inclusion on materials (handouts and banners) during the conference. The link will remain for about one year, until the start of the next conference.
Please contact the organizers if you are interested in sponsorship.
To create a project please follow this link
- Dev-Jam 2018/Cassandra Data Analytics
- Dev-Jam 2018/Drools 7
- Dev-Jam 2018/EIF Northbounder
- Dev-Jam 2018/Enhanced Plugin Manager
- Dev-Jam 2018/Gardening Docs
- Dev-Jam 2018/Import from Cisco Viptela
- Dev-Jam 2018/IoT MQTT
- Dev-Jam 2018/Monitor Parameter Placeholder Substitutions
- Dev-Jam 2018/ScriptPolicy
- Dev-Jam 2018/Ubiquiti Support
- Dev-Jam 2018/Writing Blog Articles
- Dev-Jam 2018/gns3-appliance
- Dev-Jam 2018/vFire Core Ticketing